California is a huge real estate market, underpinned by land of various uses, sizes and locations. This market has suffered perhaps more severely than any land market in the US with the exception of certain of North Atlantic states. It is also the epicenter of government intrusion in land use and rights. Its tax, spend, and subsidize policies will make your eyes cross. How has this over-regulation and undermining of private property rights resulted in reduction of land values, competitive disadvantage for agriculture, limitations on our birthright as Americans and all of our wallets? Is this a trend coming your way? How do we protect against the disastrous effects government interference with land in the Golden State has on many aspects of our lives and land out our back door? Join Reid L. Rosenthal for a three way interview with California Broker Billy Long of Ranch Marketing Associates, and longtime North Californian land man and Broker Don Rickey.
The last three Land Patriot shows have been from the vast lands of the Western states. They have revealed startling intrusions by government at all levels into private land, the land rights of Westerners affecting the rights and pocket books of all Americans. This week Reid Rosenthal goes to the idyllic, famous sand dunes of Cape Cod Massachusetts with Broker and Property expert Jack Cotton. The “folks” back East mask it with different terminology, but the stark similarities of the attacks on private land rights and your fundamental legacy as Americans occurring in the Commonwealth Of Massachusetts though the parcels be smaller, and 2,000 miles the Atlantic side of the Rockies, will chill you. It should.
It is happening everywhere–Land use that breaks people, communities, and town coffers. If it has not happened yet to your community–it will! Guaranteed. Downtowns decimated, businesses closed, congestion, traffic and layer upon layer of unneeded poorly planned Big Box retail development. That land use done poorly can affect your land, your values, and yes even your job. It will certainly deplete your wallet in the big picture. Think you can’t stop the alliance of politics, town fathers who won’t listen, and Big Box Big Money? Think again! A case study of a huge battle the good guys won. Tune in to listen to Reid Rosenthal talk to Jan Rosenthal Townsend about how she put together a coalition as diverse as developers, the Sierra Club and a carpenter’s union along with grass roots to stop a huge mistake, save a small community’s main street businesses, and forestall fiscal disaster for her little town of 6,000.
KWNA Radio Interview
Kevin Price interviews Reid on Land for Love and Money.
- Land for Love and Money – 10/6/12
- Reid Rosenthal Threads West & Land for Love and Money – 10/6/12
- Trapper Labonte’s Barn – Part One (Exterior) – 9/27/12
- Trapper Labonte’s Barn – Part Two (Interior) – 9/27/12
- Lola’s Cabin – Part One (Exterior) -8/5/12
- Lola’s Cabin – Part Two (Interior) – 8/5/12
- Lessons From the Range – San Diego Living – 8/5/12
- Historical Cabins – Lola’s Cabin – 7/27/12
- Land Management Tip – Pond Fish Population – 7/27/12
- Is Land for Love and Money For Me? With Dr. Veronica Anderson – 7/27/12
- Dr. Veronica Interviews Reid About Land for Love and Money – 7/27/12
- Land Management Tip – Did Reid Always Do Due Diligence – 7/27/12
- Land Management Tip – Putting Together Your Team – 7/27/12
- Land Management Tip – Aspen Trees – 7/27/12
- Land Management Tip – Ponds – 7/27/12
- Land for Love and Money Release – 7/18/12
- A Bath, Hens, and Two-Holers – The Strange Mix of American History – 7/11/12
- The Lost Historical Interior Video – 7/11/12
- KKCO 11 News Grand Juction – 7/10/12
- Wyoming Historical Cabin Interiors Part One – 7/9/12
- Land, History and Love – 7/5/12
- Historical Cabins – 7/3/12
- The Trout are Happy – 6/27/12
- Forty Years, Three Countries, Two Continents…I Haven’t Seen it all but I’ve Seen Most of it. – 6/26/12
- Land for Love and Money: About Your Heart, About Your Wallet and About Your Land and Real Estate – 6/26/12
- Effectiveness of Riparian Area Fencing Part One – 6/25/12
- Effectiveness of Riparian Area Fencing Part Two – 6/25/12